A glamorous little Trade Shop + Photo Gallery!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day is Sunday! How will you be making Her day a very special one?


Mother's Day is right around the corner with only three days left, to be exact! Besides the lovely flowers and a nice brunch planned this year for my Mom, I will be surprising her with the gems from JewelMint she's been longing for! If your Mom is anything like mine, you'd understand that she isn't necessarily the most computer savvy (love you Mom!) and one of the things we love doing together is sitting down to look at the new items each month. I love explaining what I know about each piece of jewelry and over the past couple months, I've gotten an idea as to what I knew she would want! As far as she knows, the items she wanted are currently sold out, and she has no idea what I have waiting for her ;-)

And, boy does she deserve it! I really don't know what I would do without my Mom. As any Mom should be, she's the most caring, nurturing, and loving person I know. I have two little ones myself, and I wish I could only be half the Mother to them as my Mom has been to me.

It's so funny looking back at my childhood. As children we naturally have the tendency to take everything for granted, especially all the things our loved ones do for us. Then one day, something clicked and I finally understood....everything. I understood the hard work, the decisions that were made, and all the things I never could quite grasp as a young kid. Things that as a young kid I shouldn't have had to worry about and was lovingly protected from.

Everything my Mom has ever done for me all of a sudden made sense, everything she has ever taught me all of a sudden had a brand new meaning, and everything she would do for me in the future will never go unnoticed or ever be taken for granted ever again.

For some of you, this person may not be your Mother. It may be another loving female figure in your life like a Grandmother, Aunt, or Sister that taught you the most important life lessons. It may even be your Father who had two roles to fill.

My point is, no matter who it is this Mother's Day...make sure you really let them know you how you feel and care. I'm not necessarily talking about having to purchase them anything. If you do, that's just a little token of affection. At the very least, make a card (they're the best!) and really write down how you feel about them. Tell them the things you know someday you only wish you could have told them. Sometimes we need days like Mother's Day to remind us and to express in words how it is we really feel.

I guarantee it will bring a tear to both of your eyes. :-)

With all that wonderfully mushy stuff said, I'd really love to hear from you as to what you're doing for Mother's Day this year and what you've done to make sure the day is a very special one!

Here's wishing both you and your Mother a very special upcoming Mother's Day!

xoxo, Lily

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! I feel the same way,i never understood all my Mom did for me when i was young but just like you said something just clicked one day! I very much enjoyed reading this,it was very well put! It describes exactly how i feel <3 I am also getting my Mom Jewelmint for Mother's Day :) That's a really great idea what you are doing with your Mothers gift,she will be so surprised! Well i hope you and your Mother have a wonderful Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...