I was able to contact my bank, and while my billing address was correct, they removed the "plus four" digits that were entered along with the zip code (just in case), and suggested the exact way the information needed to be entered. I was also informed that middle initials (and suffixes) are not necessarily important to include unless prompted.
It was suggested by the telephone banker to attempt a third order while on the phone. I was hesitant, but I was assured that this was most likely the issue.
Sure enough, I did not receive an error for the third order. Subsequently, I followed-up with JewelMint today in regards to first two orders, and the pending charges While the first two orders did not go through, I was assured the pending charges would indeed fall off within 3-5 business days.
JewelMint's customer service rep was extremely helpful - I'm glad I was able to get this all sorted out before placing my first-ever BeautyMint order and for tonight's StyleMint and JewelMint party and orders!
Lastly, I want to give some tips to everyone for placing orders on JewelMint's website based off of my experience:
- Make sure your billing address is written exactly as is registered with your bank account. This includes any periods (.), commas (,), etc.
- Middle initials and suffixes are not necessary.
- Receiving a "Payment error: failed to purchase cart" notice most likely means that your order did not process. However, you may still notice a pending charge on your account that according to JewelMint will "drop from your account within 3-5 days".
- If you receive a "Payment error: failed to purchase cart" notice, DO NOT continue to place orders or continue to hit "Purchase" without first checking and changing your information as necessary.
- If all else fails, contact your bank to verify your exact billing address or JewelMint for help.
P.S. While the Empress Necklace was originally showing "Almost Sold Out" and then "Sold Out", it looks like more has been restocked. Therefore, I have another chance to purchase the Empress regardless of my purchasing issues over the weekend - woohoo! Silly me for almost waiting too long. :)