A glamorous little Trade Shop + Photo Gallery!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

JewelMint In The Rough Ring Review with ModCloth and Banana Republic Styling Ideas!

 
 
 
 
 
As you can tell with most of my styling photos, I really have a thing for feminine clothing, dresses, flow-y stuff, etc. So when I first saw the In The Rough ring awhile back on JewelMint's website, it struck me as one of their more edgier pieces. The sharp edged design of the the large quartz stone, and the very bold contrast of onyx and gold really makes this ring a statement in itself.

While I'd say this ring is more "rocker chic", one thing I really love to do with bold pieces such as this ring is to balance it out with something soft.

I've paired this ring with two items. The first being an adorable new dress from ModCloth called the "We Shall Sea Dress" and an older Banana Republic Woven Leather Belt I purchased a couple years ago. The dress is feminine enough yet still has some bold lines which ties the ring and the dress together well. The brown leather belt and the navy tulle overlay at the bottom softens the tone of the overall outfit and adds a feminine touch.

During the filming of my review (below), I mention how I hadn't thought of which necklace to pair with this outfit just yet. After going through some pieces, I've decided that the Casati Necklace would go perfect with this outfit!

My favorite thing about this ring? If anyone ever sneaks up and attacks me while I'm wearing this, they're more than likely going to lose a tooth! lol Totally just kidding. Well, kinda ;-) This stone in this baby is actually quite large, but because of the way the stone is positioned, the size doesn't bother me at all. The cuts in the stone alone makes this ring so mesmerizing to look at!


In The Rough Ring
This gold angular piece encases a beautiful quartz stone and is the ideal addition to any collection. This ultra modern statement piece transitions effortlessly from day to night.

Wear this with: leopard print anything!
Perfect for: a sultry date night with your beau.
Inspired by: a black diamond in the rough.

For my Polyvore Set that I've added to my JewelMint Group (click here to join my group and to upload and share your own JewelMint outfit sets), I had to substitute some options for the Banana Republic Leather Woven Belt that is no longer available.

Two reasonable options include the following:

JewelMint In The Rough Ring Set

JewelMint In The Rough Ring Set by jewelsandmints.com

If you ever need any styling advice, please feel free to ask! I'm currently a stay-at-home mom, but I have a background in marketing and styling (as if you couldn't tell that it's something I enjoy doing!) ;-)

xoxo, Lily

Here's my mini video review of my In The Rough Ring!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...