A glamorous little Trade Shop + Photo Gallery!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jewelmint Rachel Earrings Review & Styling Ideas

First I just want to apologize for the delay of this post, I posted the video yesterday (Friday) but it's literally way past midnight (now Saturday) by the time I posted this to my blog. Everyone in my household wanted a late night snack of homemade egg "mcmuffins"! So I chose late night family time instead of doing what I said I would and getting this posted sooner. But gosh were they ever so yummy! Food tastes so much better at night time! ;-) So please forgive me! So here goes!

As I mention in my video review (below), it seems as if every piece sells out so quickly by the time I receive mine and review it. However, it looks like this time Jewelmint has indirectly confirmed that they will be restocked eventually due to the "wait list" option this pair has on their page! So if you missed out on these ones, there's still hope!


One thing I noticed about these earrings when they arrived is how lightweight they are! I love it because I don't like extremely heavy earrings that weigh too heavily on my ears lobes. I love the rope detail that wraps around the earring frame and the stones are a perfect shade of purple - amethyst to exact. They are so cute on, especially with wispy/flowing wavy hair or even with it pulled back in a simple pony. As you'll see in my video I've decided to show you what I plan on pairing these earrings with this weekend for a night out!


I'll be wearing my earrings this weekend for a nice evening out in my beloved one-shoulder cascading ruffle dress, J.Crew Lula Glitter Flats (see the review for these on my other blog - Crewlala here), and my J.Crew Jeweled Elastic Flower Band in Honey Brown (currently available here at jcrew.com).

With this outfit, the belt and glitter flats would only compete with a necklace which is why I'm not wearing one. However, these Rachel earrings add the *perfect* touch of simple glamour to this sparkly little ensemble.

What will you be wearing with your Rachel earrings??

Also, after I shot the video I realized there are other uses for these earrings besides....well, earrings. These earrings remind me of safety pins! So I had a super cute idea of "pinning" these to the floral applique on my belt. Then I thought, how cute would this be if done to a floral pin that you can pin on the lapel of a blazer or jacket right?

Next, I had the idea of attaching this to my Jewelmint Forever Yours Bracelet (as seen in my review here), as a "charm". You can either let it dangle or "weave" it through the links for a more secure charm. Also, if your bracelet is too small you can even attach it to each end as a sort of "extender".


Needless to say, the possibility with these earrings are endless and I'm sure there are so many other ideas you can come up with as to how else you can use these earrings! I even chuckled at the thought of someone trying to wear this as a belly ring (hahaha, yeah please don't try that)!!!

I hope my photos and review help to inspire you as to how to style these and as always please feel free to ask me questions about my earrings, etc. or even if you need some tips!

Photos: Jewelmint

Rachel Earrings
Curated by actress Rachel Bilson in support of her charity, Invisible Children, our gold-plated earrings dress up any look. At 1 1/4”, the pair features multifaceted amethyst stones. Wear them to fill your days with beauty and your nights with sparkle. JewelMint will donate 50% of the gross proceeds to Invisible Children, an organization seeking to end the conflict in Uganda.

Wear this with: silky pieces in pastel colors, and demure necklines.
Perfect for: romantic dinners on a candlelit balcony.
Inspired by: estate jewelry found in antique shops.

By the way, how awesome is it that Rachel Bilson designed these earrings??? I love her, I love her style, I seriously just love everything about her. I sometimes get told I look like a taller version of her which I think is by far one of the best compliments ever. I sometimes don't know how I still manage to get by without my beloved Thursday night "OC and pizza nights". I don't know about you but although Gossip Girl is a great show, it just couldn't fill that void for me...


But I do really like that Jewelmint is working in conjunction with other stars for charity and I can't wait to see who the next curator is and what they will design! Think they would ever ask someone from a small little blog to help create a piece for charity? I know, I know wishful thinking right? lol But gosh, seriously how cool would that be? I do love the humane society. Oh well, a girl can dream. ;-)

As for a little thing called coming back down to reality and in all seriousness, please check out one of Rachel's favorite charities called Invisible Children here.

Without furthur ado, here is my video review!

xoxo Lily

If you're new to JewelMint, click here to sign up!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...