A glamorous little Trade Shop + Photo Gallery!

Friday, March 30, 2012

JewelMint Refashions! Jackie O Earrings + Morning Rain Earrings as Pendants!

A super huge thanks to Michele C. for sharing her photos with us over Facebook! Michele's first piece is a refashion of JewelMint's Morning Rain Earrings as a pendant! I LOVE that she's attached one of her earrings to a pearl necklace - it goes beautifully with the silver and light blue beads!


Photos: Michele C.
Michele's next refashion came from a creative seller over on eBay who turned one Jackie O Earring into a pendant as well. Here's what Michele has to say about the seller and her adorable find...

"The gal intricately weaved the yellow ribbon in and out of every link on the chain, she struggled a bit with the smaller stone because it doesn't sit 100% flat but when toyed with a bit it finally behaves. I intend to make the chain a shorter (innovating the chain without cutting it) and wear it as a choker with the smaller stone sitting in the gully of wear my neck meets my chest bone....I think this piece will make wearing the huge statement attention calling earrings justice a bit more at ease and wearable at least for me...I found they were a tad gaudy for me."

I can totally understand what Michele means by these earrings being a bit gaudy. In my opinion, the Jackie O's are statement earrings to the extreme, but with all that sparkle, they're also unbelievably mesmerizing! I'm loving how incredibly unique this is as a necklace - think of it as a little bit boho and a whole lot of glam!

Take a look....




I have an extra pair of damaged Jackie O's, and I'm now totally inspired to do something with them! Another thanks to Michele for sharing! If you have similar creations that you would like to share on this blog, please send an email to jewelsandmints@gmail.com. We'd love to see what you've come up with!

Have you ever turned a pair of JewelMint earrings into a necklace? If so, which pieces? Would you wear a Morning Rain Necklace or Jackie O Necklace? How would you style these?

xoxo, Lily
If you're new to JewelMint, click here to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...