A glamorous little Trade Shop + Photo Gallery!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

JewelMint's Prom Queen Contest : My Choices

In my post earlier this morning, I went through JewelMint's recent email about Prom Trends and their newest contest:

"Get crowned 'JewelMint Prom Queen' and win a style consultation via video chat from Cher! The royal prize includes 3 FREE JewelMint peices, and a hair and makeup beauty package! Think you were born to wear the crown? To enter, upload a photo to our Facebook wall on bottom section from April 26th - May 3rd of a prom dress you love, and tell us how JewelMint completes your look!"

Like I said before, I won't be joining in on the contest since I personally think it is best this be reserved for prom princesses actually going to prom. So instead, I've decided to make a cute little post in honor of this contest!


My choices would come down to two. My first option would be this...my BCBGMaxAzria Amethyst Dress. I would pair this with JewelMint's Rachel Earrings (see my review here) to add the perfect amount of gold contrast while still keeping true to the amethyst theme and not overdoing it!

 

My second option would be my peach and pale gold J.Crew Collection Dress. This dress goes down to the knees and the shimmery silver/gold bottom would be perfectly contrasted with the silver, gold and brass colors of JewelMint's Forever Yours Bracelet (see my review here).  I would also pair this with my Sweetheart ring (review here) on the opposite hand since this dress is quite simple and could use the extra accessories.




Which one of my choices do you like best? My amethyst BCBGMaxAzria Dress with the Rachel Earrings or my peach and gold J.Crew Collection dress with the Forever Yours Bracelet and Sweetheart ring?



I can't wait to see who wins JewelMint's contest. Good luck to everyone who entered!

xoxo, Lily

4 comments:

  1. Love the peach color of the 2nd and I can't wait to order the Sweetheart ring when it comes back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go with the amethyst BCBGMaxAzria Dress with the Rachel Earrings. Both are very beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful choices - very modern :) I would definitely wear these now. That BCBG dress isn't still available is it? Please say no because I need to save my $ for May's JM collection haha

    Gina - I am also dying for the Sweetheart ring to be re-released! Especially after Lily's cute mini review video. Lily - when you dropped it at one point in the video, it sounded pretty heavy - would you say that it is sturdy/weighty? That would be a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Megan! The dress from BCBG is a few seasons back, and I'm sorry to say that it's long gone. I've seen it in different colors on Hautelook before in the past. They even had a long version of this. If you're set on it though, can always send you an email if I ever see it somewhere in the future. (I have your email address from your previous email) :-)

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...